Conor McGregor ‘agrees’ to boxing match against Irish champion Luke Keeler after being branded a ‘bully’ over alleged assault
CONOR McGREGOR has “agreed” to a boxing match against Irish champion Luke Keeler after being branded a “bully” following his alleged assault.
Footage emerged last week of UFC star McGregor, 31, allegedly assaulting a man at the Marble Arch boozer in Drimnagh, South Dublin, on April 6.
Sad to see @TheNotoriousMMA stoop so low, did the same to a friend of mine couple of years ago and still walking around acting the gangster, I’d be happy to put him in his place if he had the balls to step in a ring again ?? https://t.co/SSnAoQmr4K
— Coolhand Luke (@luke_keeler) August 15, 2019
Following the alleged attack middleweight boxer Keeler took to Twitter to slam The Notorious, claiming the former MMA champion once attacked his friend.
The 32-year-old then called out McGregor, and later revealed the Irish star agreed to a boxing match during an angry phone call.
Keeler told IrishBoxing.com: “I don’t want to get into it too much, but I know he wasn’t happy about the call out. He is not happy.
“The fight community in Ireland is small enough and Crumlin isn’t too far from Ballyfermot- and I heard he wasn’t happy with the timing of.
“He rang me and we had a few words. I told him the fight was there to be made and he was all for it. He agreed to fight over the phone.”……..read more
Source: The Sun