Iran says will take drone incident to UN to show US ‘lying’
Iran said Thursday it would go to the UN to prove that a US spy drone it shot down had entered Iranian airspace, contrary to Washington’s claims.
“We’ll take this new aggression to #UN & show that the US is lying about international waters,” Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif tweeted, after a US general said the drone was taken down some 34 kilometres (21 miles) off the Iranian coast.
“The US wages #EconomicTerrorism on Iran, has conducted covert action against us & now encroaches on our territory,” he wrote.
“We don’t seek war, but will zealously defend our skies, land & waters.”
With tensions soaring between the two countries following a series of attacks against tankers in the Gulf, the Pentagon confirmed a US surveillance drone had been shot down by Iranian forces.
But it insisted the unmanned aircraft was in international airspace.
The Pentagon released a graphic pinpointing the position of the drone on a map of the Strait of Hormuz, the strategic passage through which some 35 percent of the world’s seaborne oil passes…….read more
source: Yahoo News