Piers Morgan announces return to ITV after quitting Good Morning Britain
Piers Morgan has confirmed he’ll be back on ITV tonight after leaving Good Morning Britain last week.
The 55-year-old broadcaster quit the daytime programme on March 9, shortly after Ofcom said it had launched an investigation under its harm and offence rules after receiving more than 41,000 complaints in two days about his comments on Meghan Markle.
The television watchdog has since revealed Piers’ comments are now the most complained about moment with over 51,000 complaints.
However, Piers will soon be returning to the channel for his latest chapter of Life Stories with Loose Women presenter Coleen Nolan.
‘Reports of my ITV demise have been greatly exaggerated…. I’m back already,’ he tweeted.
Yep, he really wasn’t joking when he vowed that we hadn’t seen the last of him yet.
Piers’ departure from Good Morning Britain came after he said he ‘didn’t believe’ the Duchess Of Sussex’s mental health battles.
ITV confirmed his exit in a statement, which read: ‘Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain.
‘ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add.’
Piers told press the following day: ‘I had a good chat with ITV and we agreed to disagree. I’m just going to take it easy and see how we go.
‘I believe in freedom of speech, I believe in the right to be allowed to have an opinion. If people want to believe Meghan Markle, that’s entirely their right.
‘I don’t believe almost anything that comes out of her mouth and I think the damage she’s done to the British monarchy and to the Queen at a time when Prince Philip is lying in hospital is enormous and frankly contemptible.’