Ronaldo loses bid to dismiss rape lawsuit
Cristiano Ronaldo has lost a bid for dismissal or complete secrecy in a US federal lawsuit by a Nevada woman who accuses him of raping her at a Las Vegas resort more than a decade ago.
Lawyer Larissa Drohobyczer, representing Ronaldo’s accuser, Kathryn Mayorga, said she was satisfied with District Judge Jennifer Dorsey’s ruling in Las Vegas on Friday.
Peter Christiansen, representing the Juventus and Portugal player, declined to comment.
Last month, Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson said Ronaldo will face criminal charges in the matter, with his lawyers saying the pair had consensual sex in June 2009.
Ms Mayorga’s lawsuit seeks monetary damages of at least $US200,000 ($A294,040)……..read more
Source: The Daily Telegraph